buttons

buttons

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Violets

For those of you don't know, my middle name is Violet. Yes, I was named Lacy Violet! I have always loved my name. I also have always loved Violets, but not just because that was my middle name.

My mom has always had a huge array of African Violets growing in her piano room and they are always blooming with 10 blooms each, at least. I love to go and sit in her little room and just look at their loveliness!
I have two plants and I've waited for years to have them bloom more than 3 blooms and it's finally happening! They have been blooming for a month now and they are gorgeous. If I do say so myself...
But the best Violet is my precious little five year old princess named Violet.
Who on her first birthday 4 years ago picked off every bloom (which was about 4 blooms) off of my African Violets. Ha ha! I wasn't so happy about it, at the time, but I still found it very ironic and laughed at it.
Thanks for stopping by!
Love, Lacy

No comments: