buttons

buttons

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Rose colored glasses

playing with texture
This may come as a shock to most of you especially those who know me really well, but...

I love flowers;)


Sometimes, I feel like Dorcas Lane on Lark rise to Candleford
Let me explain. Dorcas is always saying, "It is my one weakness." The cute little thing about that saying is that she says it about something new every episode.
So here I am saying Roses are my favorite flower.

Yes, I am aware I have said that about Lilacs, Violets, and Irises.


Really, I just love flowers and believe it or not

I do have a few that are not my favorites at all, Like Marigolds.
They stink.
but even Marigolds are useful for keeping bugs away.
Flowers can bring such color and beauty into the world that for a moment when you gaze upon it you forget all of your worries.
It's like wearing rose colored glasses.

Love, Lacy

6 comments:

Kandice said...

Hehe....hence your cute daughters names right....after flowers! Those pictures are beautiful~!

Georgianna said...

Beautiful photographs, Lacy! I think you know, we share a love of flowers. :) Have a lovely week. – g

julie said...

WOW! I WISH I HAD BEEN INVITED TO YOUR FAMILY BLOG!! NICE CHANGES THO! YOU HAVE A CUTE MIND!

ksreynolds said...

Lacy we still need to get together and hang out one of these days and by the way, Wow! You ARE trueley AMAZING!!! I LOVE ALL THE DECORATING YOU DO AND THE PICTURES WOW!! YOU SHOULD DO WEDDINGS OR SOMETHING REALLY!! CALL ME 435-219-4276...Oh and COME GET A TAN TOO!!

Brian and Brandy said...

You have such a green thumb! I love your cute yard and all your cottage flowers!

Ginny said...

Beautiful. Have you ever made rose petal syrup? We made some earlier in the summer and rose water and it was delicious and smells wonderful. We ate rosepetal syrup on our breakfast pancakes :)

You can see it here on my mom's blog http://onlythesummerdays.blogspot.com/2010/07/evening-gathering.html